If a home’s interior designs have a new trend almost every year, then it’s inevitable that your home’s exterior will have their own set of trends as well. After all, these trends will not only give your home a new look but it can help you raise your property values as well. The focus of these exterior trends usually revolve around your home’s windows and doors and surprisingly, there are numerous emerging trends for your home’s exterior.
In this post, windows installer Renewal by Andersen® of Southwest Missouri discusses the six biggest window and door trends for 2019.
- Modern, Fixed Windows – Homeowners are gravitating toward big windows that allow them to have bigger views of the outside world. With that said, floor to ceiling windows are expected to be widespread this year. Another reason for its growing popularity is that it eliminates the need for a screen due to the amount of glass you can get. However, keep in mind that this will only work best for the ground floor so keep the functional windows upstairs if you want a fixed window in your home.
- Bright, Modern Style – Thought the bright, modern style has been a window trend since 2018, it’s shows no signs of slowing down this year. These bright, modern windows allow more natural light into your home, making indoor lighting unnecessary during the day and allowing you to save on your energy bills.
- Energy Efficiency – Every year, homeowners are looking for new ways to save up on energy bills and this year, they’re focusing on sustainability even more. From ENERGY STAR windows to non-branded windows, most homeowners are opting to install new windows to keep cold air out during the winter and hot air during the summer in order to save on heating and cooling costs.
- Color – Of course, your windows and doors’ colors contribute to your home’s curb appeal and overall value so various color choices are trending this year. Consider colors like classic white or soft beige if you’re looking for a light look and evergreen, dark bronze, and even black if you want to be eye-catching and dramatic. Should you opt for an in-between, on the other hand, then grey may be the color you’re looking for.
- Eco-Friendly – Nowadays, homeowners are conscious of the impact their window choices have on the environment. So, when it comes to replacing your windows this year, consider purchasing and installing an eco-friendly and energy efficient window that offers insulation and durability for your home.
- Smart Door Locks – Security is one of the important aspects that you should look for when it comes to installing a new door. Thankfully, with technological advancements, some doors now have a smart door lock feature that allows you to lock your doors anytime, anywhere with Bluetooth connection and a downloadable application on your phone. This can offer you peace of mind if you can’t remember if you locked your door or not.
Turn to Renewal by Andersen of Southwest Missouri for your window replacement needs. We are your leading provider of French doors and energy efficient windows. Give us a call at (417) 351-2801 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation.