The Better Business Bureau (BBB) is one of the most trusted organizations for people who are looking for trustworthy businesses. One of their most popular features is the BBB rating. So, what does this rating mean for you?
What Is BBB Ratings?
BBB ratings represent how well a business interacts with its customers. Businesses are rated using a simple letter-grade scale, ranging from A-plus as the highest to F as the lowest. Sometimes a business may not receive a rating, in which case they would have an NR (for “No Rating”) badge on their BBB page. This happens when a business is undergoing review or if the BBB has insufficient information about their business.
How Businesses Are Rated
The BBB rates businesses, including every window company like Renewal by Andersen®, based on seven elements:
1. Complaint history – The BBB takes into account customer complaints filed on its website. Other factors like response time and whether or not the business has made every reasonable effort to resolve the customer’s problem are taken into consideration.
2. Type of business – The BBB keeps an eye on business types that may raise marketplace concerns or believed to be in violation of the law. Ratings may be lowered as appropriate.
3. Time in business – Long-standing businesses are more likely to earn higher ratings.
4. Transparent business practices – Transparent business practices, including complete product listings as well as publishing a legitimate business address and verifiable company ownership, can help a company earn a higher rating.
5. Honoring commitments to the BBB – Commitments to the BBB, such as abiding by a mediation settlement or arbitration award, should be honored; otherwise, it can result in a lower rating.
6. Licensing and government actions known to BBB – A business operating without the proper permits as well as having known government actions against it can result in a lower rating.
7. Advertising issues known to BBB – Businesses that commit advertising issues, such as misuse of BBB trademarks, misrepresenting their ratings or any other questionable marketing practices, can result in a lower rating.
Advantages of Hiring a Highly Rated Company
There are many advantages to exclusively hiring businesses with high BBB ratings, the least of which is having the assurance that you’re hiring a company that can be trusted. It helps you save time when trying to narrow down a list of local replacement window companies. Most importantly, you can expect that the company will be honest and forthcoming with every transaction. When you work with us, if we make a mistake, we will own it and do our best to make it right.
Renewal by Andersen of Southwest Missouri is your leading provider of the best replacement windows in Missouri. Give us a call at (417) 268-9301, or fill out our contact form to schedule an appointment.